Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ministry

I wish I could sit here and report amazing things. It would be amazing to be able to tell my readers that I preached a sermon and thousands came to know the Lord. Or that everywhere I go, people just come up to me and ask me how they can know Jesus too. Or maybe every time I saw a man or woman on the street with a deformity, my shadow could simply pass by and that person could be healed.

That simply is not the case. But God is growing me and as I grow, my ministry grows. He is working in me and through me, teaching me that it is not the things I do, but the character of who I am. As I am here trying to navigate my way as a minister of God's freedom, I have committed to a few basic principles.

1. Glorify God and exalt his name! I know God's word and what he asks of his followers. I need to evaluate my actions every step and continue to grow in relationship, obedience and the Holy Spirit.
2. To be a learner. I am young and haven't been in ministry for very long. But I can watch and learn from the Americans and Moldovans here.
3. To be faithful in the small things. It is my job to take the tasks given me, however simple they may be, and complete them to the best of my ability. Whether it is teaching Missionary kids, going through inventory or helping schedule interns. With each task I am faithful in, God gives me more responsibility.
4. Know that God called me. I know I am in Moldova for a reason. My work and relationships are not without fruit.

So praise God. I will keep moving through life in Moldova knowing that God is ultimately in control. Your prayers are cherished.

No comments: