Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Brother Vasile in Mihaileni


I spent the past few days up North in the village of Mihaileni. I have enjoyed getting to know the team that I will spend the next few weeks with, but my favorite part has been connecting with the Moldovans in that area. We worked on the walls of the new church building, painted, visited the poor and had services. I loved sitting down chatting with the men and women in the church working with us. The deacon and overseer of the church is a wonderful man named Brother Vasile. He is a man I respect and have learned a lot from. The thing that I love most about Brother Vasile is his blessings and words of encouragement. Every time I translated for him, he would be say kind words to someone on the team. He knew how to build people up. I look forward to spending time in that church again and in the meantime I know that Brother Vasile will be praying for me.

No comments: