Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Pre-field Orientation

I just returned from two wonderful weeks at Evangel University in Springfield, MO. This was a time of preparation for my upcoming two years in Moldova. Most days were filled with classes and seminars on subjects like: taxes, insurance, code of conduct, destructive emotions, and theology of missions. Those classes, though not all edge of the seat exciting, were very useful and will be in the future. Besides practical aspects, God blessed me immensely during this time. There were friendships built that will last a lifetime. I was poured into by older and wiser missionaries and I had the chance to spend time with my leadership. I visited various churches and was welcomed and blessed by many of the members. And, most excitedly of all, I met Corrina Holcomb, who will be my roommate while in Moldova. Praise God for all He can do in two weeks.

No comments: