Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Best Worship

I have been to quite a few worship services in the few weeks that I have been in Moldova. It is a joy and a blessing to spend time with Moldovans in their churches. I have been out to villages and neighboring towns, as well as here in the city. There are churches that simply have an accordion and a few singers. The service I went to yesterday had an entire youth choir, with a guitar and a two keyboards. There were many instances of wonderful special music. There is even a church whose pastor plays the guitar and just goes acoustic half-way through the service. Besides that, I am gleaning different things from the preachers and cherishing communion.

But I must admit, thus far my favorite Sunday was the day I watched two of the missionary kids while their parents were in Romanain. Natalie (8) and Lauren (6) are the daughters of my mentors here: Andy and Nancy Raatz. On this Sunday they were so excited and willing to spend time in the living room singing to God and praying for everything they could think it. We turned on some great songs on the i-pod and danced through the room. We turned on soft songs and sat and reflected. Natalie decided we should read about Jesus first miracle. We decided that if Jesus can actually turn water to wine (very cool) then he can help Moldova and the Home of Hope can be built and many people we love can be healed. Their joy and willingness made it a wonderful morning of worship. Thanks Natalie and Lauren.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...that's awesome.